The vision and the history behind Sorribes Ear Method
Sorribes Ear Method® is developed by the Danish ear, nose and throath specialist and surgeon Dr. Michael M. Sorribes. The vision behind the method is to help babies, children, teenagers and grown ups with prominent or deformed ears with a simple and painless non surgical method for permanent ear correction, and this way save them the pain of teasing as well as the risks and pain connected to surgical ear correction.
Sorribes Ear Method® is developed under medical control at Gentofte University Hospital, Denmark 1998. The method and the products is patented since 1999. The medical results from the clinical trials from the development of Sorribes Ear Method® is published in several international medical magazines.
Patented method and products
All products used by Sorribes Ear Method® are allergy tested, proven by medical tests and patented.
- strip (a doubble adhesive patch that forms the ear, used with the silver clip or alone)
- silver clip (a small silver clip designed to form the ear, used with the strip)
- clam (a plastic ear clam designed for correcting very thick and stiff ears)
- pads (soft adhesive foam pads placed inside the silver clips)
The method, products and treatment is developed by the renowned Danish ENT specialist Doctor Michael M. Sorribes and patented in 1998.
Reactions to Sorribes Ear Method
We see very few and only minor side effect to our treatment. However we ask you to check with the staff at Sorribes Online, if you experience any side effects.
Contact the staff at Sorribes Online in case of side effects
- In rare cases, small pressure marks can appear behind the ear, if the silver clip is used incorrectly or if the clip is used for too many hours. These marks will normally disappear very quickly within a few days.
- In some cases a little wound can develop. It will disappear in a few days.
- The ears will often get red in the beginning of the treatment. This is normal and is no cause for concern.
- The strips may in some cases cause skin irritation. If this is the case the skin protection spray will normally solve the problem.
- Al products are allergy tested but this is of no guarantee. In few cases, allergy reactions may occur.
- Soreness of the outer ear during treatment may occur in rare cases. Soreness does not appear treating small children, but we have seen it in a few cases treating older children, teenagers and adults with very stiff ears.